“Why buy Aboriginal art?”
Whilst the reasons for buying Aboriginal art can vary by individual, it very often comes down to a few factors that draws us to love and collect Aboriginal art; the connection Aboriginal people have to their land and their innate ability to tell their stories through art.
Other reasons often include:
- It is truly unique to Australia and represented as an expression of our people and land;
- Every single artwork has its own identity that conveys several meanings and stories told through generations of dreamings;
- Ethical purchasing of Aboriginal art directly supports the artist and their community;
- The artwork represents a vibrant display of historical significance and contemporary interpretation;
- Each artwork is painted with honesty and joy;
- Provides an expressive beautiful display of artwork in a house or office;
- It is collectable and a good investment; and
- It will bring you joy everytime you see it.
(Image: Painting in progress, Eve Nagomarra 2012-11, 95 x 800mm)